Thursday, July 5, 2012

Updates and Links

Hello all. Thanks for stopping by to read my blog. It's still a relatively new project, and a work in progress, but I'm having lots of fun with it and learning new things always.

I am at work on my second post about Captain Francis Irsch, and hope to have something up this weekend. I think this will end up being a 3-part series. In the meantime, if you'd like to explore the ground the 45th fought over at Gettysburg but can't get there yourself, there is an excellent series of video segments at the Gettysburg Daily site: here. Licensed Battlefield Guide Stuart Dempsey leads you on a detailed tour of the 11th Corps at Gettysburg. If you are particularly interested in the 45th, view parts 8 and 9, along with parts 24 and 25.

Speaking of links, I've put together a list of blogs I have taken a liking to off to the right side of the page. I will try to add to the list and keep it updated when I find other items of interest. Unfortunately Gettysburg Daily - one of my all-time favorites - no longer updates. However, I've chosen to keep it in the list since the archives have so much material to mine.

Thanks again for reading, and I look forward to reading any comments you might have!

No comments:

Post a Comment