Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Future of Civil War History Approaches

Or at least the conference does...

At the end of next week I'm headed down to my alma mater Gettysburg College to attend this conference which seems to be shaping up as a really unique gathering of academic and public historians. Yesterday I spent some time reviewing the conference schedule, and there are many fascinating topics among the presentations, roundtable discussions, and working groups. I'm also excited for the two field experiences I signed up for: The Interpretive Layers of Little Round Top, presented by John Heiser, Jennifer Murray, and Garry Adelman, and Incorporating the Commemorative Landscape into Civil War Interpretation, presented by Thomas Desjardin and Thomas Brown.

Most of all, I'm looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting new ones. I'm not sure I'm up to "live tweeting" conference sessions, but I'm sure I'll tweet some updates throughout the weekend. I'm hoping the conference will provide lots of interesting food for thought on the blog in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment