Monday, November 12, 2012

Excited for Lincoln

It has been a while since my last post. Unfortunately I've had a great deal on my plate recently. For one, much of my spare time was consumed with following the election (in addition to studying the Civil War I am a bit of a political junkie). Add in several weekend events to plan and execute at work, a marathon to train for, and an article to get in shape for submission by the end of the month, and you can imagine how I've had a difficult effort finding time to write a new post.

I've got a number of posts ready in my head when I do find a spare moment though. I still have one more post to write about the 14th Connecticut. I am also nearing the end of Tony Horowitz's book Midnight Rising, and hope to write a review upon completion.

Most of all, I am looking forward to finally seeing Lincoln, and I'll share my thoughts when I do. I am sure I will not be the only Civil War blogger to do so. The movie had a limited release this weekend, and the reviews out so far have raised my expectations. Here are a few reviews in case you missed them:

NY Times
NPR

The full release is next weekend. Next Sunday I will find myself running (and hopefully finishing) the Philadelphia Marathon - my first attempt after having run several halfs over the past 4 years. I hope that I will celebrate Sunday evening by heading off to the movie theater, but I guess we'll see what shape I'm in!

I'd love to hear the thoughts of others when they see the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment